What IS Collagen?
Collagen is a protein that is the single most abundant structural component in the body. It provides the matrix that sustains the body’s form and more specifically it provides firmness, elasticity and structure to the skin. As we age collagen production slows down, leading to a loss of plumpness in the skin and an increase in wrinkles (1).
Verisol® Collagen is easily absorbed by the digestive system and made readily available to the skin (2), Collagen Lift™ therefore makes it possible to increase total body collagen and reverse the signs of ageing in the skin.(3)
In 2013 the manufacturers of Verisol® Collagen, the key ingredient in Collagen Lift™, published two clinical trials designed specifically to measure the effect of ingesting Verisol® on the skin. Beside powerful anti-oxidative actions (4 – 7) Verisol® improves the biological functions of the skin, such as increasing collagen densities (8), inhibiting the decrease of collagen in the skin and reducing wrinkles by up to 50%.
View clinical trials.
Collagen and elastin are the major components in preserving skin structure, skin firmness and elasticity, and they directly affect wrinkle formation.
Professor E. Proksch
1. Collagen is the major structural component of the skin, and affects its plumpness and appearance.
2. At about 30 years of age collagen production begins to decrease, and by menopause collagen loss is at about 2% a year. (2) In the first 5 years of menopause, women lose as much as 30% of their skin collagen.
3. Increasing total body collagen is proven to be an effective anti-aging approach for the skin.
4. Clinical trials show that feeding the skin from within shows “significant and sustained” improvement in skin condition. (2) (3)
5. The secret to Collagen Lift™’s rejuvenating action is Verisol Bioactive Collagen Peptides®. Bioactive means the peptides are much smaller than regular collagen molecules, allowing easy digestion and availability to the skin.
6. Replacing the collagen lost through aging with a recommended daily dose of Collagen Lift™ has been proven to decrease wrinkles, increase skin hydration and elasticity. (1)
7. Topical face creams show no evidence of improving skin elasticity over time, as they are thought not to penetrate deeply enough (6)
9. Collagen Lift™ is also enhanced with Ulva Mediterranea seaweed which not only stimulates collagen production, but also provides the skin with essential amino acids, antioxidants and minerals. Using Ulva Mediterranea has been shown to be soothing for dry and irritated skin. It also contains the UV protective pigments carotenoids, chlorophylls and xanthophylls. (10)
10. Collagen Lift™ contains Vitamin C which is essential in assisting the production of collagen within the dermis; it is also a powerful anti-oxidant that scrubs the cells of free radicals.